This is the centralised place to manage users in your account. It is available from the Team plan and higher on Mailtrap Sandbox; and from Business plan and higher on Mailtrap Email API. Everyone in your account with Inbox Admin, Project Admin, Account Admin, or Account Owner permission level can access User Management. Not everyone with a Viewer role will have access to it.
Only Account owners and Account admins can see all the people in an account. People who have access on Project, Inbox, or Domain level (admins of either) can only see users with an access to their Project(s), Inbox(es), or Domain(s).
Example: you have 50 team members in your account and 10 of them have access to “Inbox A”. Account Owner and Account Admin will see all 50 team members. However, Inbox A admin(s) will only see 10 people on the list.
- Account Owner is a person that has registered an account or to whom it has been transferred. Account Owner can rename account, delete it, transfer ownership, manage all project and inboxes and add/edit/invite team members. Nobody can alter the permissions of an Account Owner.
- Account Admin has the same permissions as Account Owner, with the exception of deleting an account and transferring its ownership. Account Owner and other Account Admins can alter the permission of Account Admins.
- Account Viewer has access to all the entities in the account (projects, inboxes, domains, or billing), but can’t add, edit or remove anything. E.g. Account Viewer can view all projects but can’t add new ones nor edit existing ones.
- Project Admin can rename and delete a project, fully manage all its inboxes (add new or delete existing ones) and add or remove project team members. They cannot add new projects in the account.
- Project Viewer can see all the inboxes in the project, but can’t edit anything (e.g. inbox email address or forwarding settings). They also can’t add or remove team mates, projects or inboxes.
- Inbox Admin can rename and delete an inbox, manage inbox settings (e.g. reset the credentials or add forwarding rules) as well as add/remove inbox team members. They can’t add new inboxes or projects.
- Inbox Viewer can see all the inbox messages, but can’t edit anything (e.g. inbox email address or forwarding domains). They also can’t add or remove inbox team mates, inboxes, or projects.
- Billing Admin permission allows user to manage the Billing settings, add or remove credit cards, upgrade and downgrade the account and cancel the subscription.
- Billing Viewer can only see the credit card on file, details of the current subscription and can opt out from receiving invoices on their email address.
When you remove a user on the User Management page, they immediately lose access to your account, but stay in the system as Mailtrap users.
If you remove a person from an Inbox or a Project, they remain in your account but lose access to an inbox or a project in question.
A person can stay in your account without any permissions at all. This can happen if you remove them from all projects/inboxes but not from the list on the User Management page. If you no longer work with a team mate, the best way to remove them is to use the User Management page. Otherwise, users with zero access but still present on your account will be counted towards your account limits.
To check your own permissions, find your user on the list and click “edit permissions” in the three dots menu. You’ll see which entities are available to you. You cannot change your own permissions.