In this article
How to organize your test data in Mailtrap
To let you quickly find your data, switch between different tasks, and share your testing results with colleagues or clients, Mailtrap automatically organizes your messages into different inboxes (these are grouped into projects).
Usually, Mailtrap users tend to create separate inboxes for different environments: development, test, or staging. Each inbox is defined by SMTP credentials (your username and password). If necessary, you can reset them at any time.
How to share your inboxes with others
For effortless collaboration with your colleagues or customers, you can share data of your choice with them: separate inboxes or whole projects (to learn how to share projects, check this article - Sharing projects).
- Invite users directly to inbox
- Share inbox via User Management
- Inbox, project, or account admin
- Account owner
- Open the inbox you'd like to share.
- Go to the Team Members tab.
- Enter the email address of your team member you'd like to share this inbox with.
- Choose the invitee’s permission level (e.g. Inbox Viewer or Admin)