Setup SSO with OKTA
On Okta side
1. Navigate to Applications and click Create App Integration.
2. Select the Web Platform and SAML 2.0 as the Sign on method.
3. Enter app name and click on Next.
4. Provide the following SAML Provider details to Okta from Mailtrap :
- Entity ID = Audience URI (SP Entity ID)
- Assertion Consumer Service URL = Single sign on URL
- Name ID format should be set to `EmailAddress`
- Application username should be set to `email`.
4. (Optional) To apply role mapping please add used for mapping attribute in Attribute Statements (optional)
5. Click Next and Finish.
On Mailtrap side
After configuration is ready on Okta side, next step would be to setup configuration on Mailtrap side.
In Okta, you will see info that “ SAML 2.0 is not configured until you complete the setup instructions”
1. Click “View Setup Instructions”
2. Provide the following to Mailtrap from Okta:
- IdP Entity ID (Identity Provider Issuer) = Identity Provider Issuer
- Single Sign-on URL = Identity Provider Single Sign-On URL
- X509 Certificate = X509 Certificate
3. Click Save in Mailtrap SSO configuration.
4. (optional) For Role mapping there is additional configuration, please find more details here in Step 4: Role mapping section
SAML configuration is complete.