Setup SSO with Azure
1. Configure Single Sign-On (SSO) with Azure
Open your Azure Active Directory and select Enterprise applications.
Add new application by clicking + New application button.
Choose + Create your own application, enter the name of the application and choose Integrate any other application you don't find in the gallery (Non-gallery).
After the application has been created you can setup single-sign-on by choosing “ Set up single-sign-on” in the Getting Started section.
For Single Sign-on mode, select SAML based Sign-on
Follow the steps on the SSO with SAML screen. Azure AD has a detailed configuration guide at the top of the page for further guidance.
Step 1 - Basic SAML Configuration:
Click edit in the dropdown menu and provide the following SAML Provider details to your Azure from Mailtrap :
- Entity ID = Identifier (Entity ID)
- Assertion Consumer Service URL = Reply URL (Assertion Consumer Service URL)
- Single Logout Service URL = Logout Url
Step 2 - User Attributes and Claims:
In the User Identifier field, enter user.mail.
Step 3 - Click Edit and choose SHA-1 Signing Algorithm, click save
Now, you can download Certificate (Base64), open it in any editor and paste its content to Mailtrap X509 Certificate field
Step 4 - You’ll need to provide the following to Mailtrap from Azure:
- IdP Entity ID (Identity Provider Issuer) = Azure AD Identifier
- Single Sign-on URL = Login URL
- Optional: Single Logout Service (SLO) URL = Logout URL
Now you can save your SAML configuration on Mailtrap.
With that, SAML configuration is complete and you need to add users or group to your application in Azure:
- Click Users and groups on the left sidebar
- Click on +Add User -> Users and Groups
- Select all users you want to add to the application and click Select.
By default, we create users with no permissions. If you want the user to be automatically assigned to Account Admin or to Account Viewer role, you need to setup the role mapping.
Mailtrap: In the following example, we assign the roles depending on the title attribute value:
Azure: Adit Attributes & Claims
Don’t forget to save.