Integrate Mailtrap Email Testing as an SMTP server
To start using Mailtrap Email Testing, you should integrate it with your app. There are two ways of adding it as an SMTP server.
Select your integration
Follow these steps:
- Sign up by creating a free account, or sign in if you already have one.
- There is already an empty inbox created for you. It is the My Inbox in the My Inboxes project. It is opened by default when you enter Mailtrap for the first time.
- Choose your technology from the list of integrations, copy the configuration, and paste it to your project.
- Run your email sending code.
Copy SMTP credentials
You can also use SMTP credentials and we assume you're already signed in.
- Click the Show credentials link to see the following credentials:
Port: 25 or 465 or 587 or 2525
Username: unique to your inbox
Password: unique to your inbox
- Paste them to your project/email client/MTA (any option that supports SMTP integration) and run the email sending code.
Learn how exactly Mailtrap can help you streamline email testing processes from our case study with The Software House.